Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day

My poor blog is so neglected these days - I just don't seem to have time anymore, oh wellsy.

We had a nice 4th of July weekend. I got out of work at 1:00 on Thursday, which was lovely. Friday I was off and we went and saw Public Enemies - pretty cool. Yesterday for the 4th we went to Chelsea and Grant's house in the City of Culver City. City. While we drove over we listened to Monster Ballads - which made me feel very patriotic. At Chelsea's and Grant's we had turkey burgers, a mango/corn/bean slaw thing, watermelon, chips, root beer and finished it off with some coconut cupcakes with lime buttercream frosting. Yummers. It all felt very Summery and Americana. We then attempted to watch The Sandlot - which turned out to sort of blow, in a "it was good when we were kids, but is now just weird" way. We then went to a park to watch fireworks. On the car ride home Whit and I listened to best of Broadway. It was a really nice 4th and made me appreciate our American traditions - hair metal, broadway, food and family.

No comments: