Thursday, October 15, 2009

Good job, guys.



Spike, thank you for not making a spoon-fed, easy movie - thanks for making a film that stimulated my mind, wrenched my gut and filled my heart. It was painful and beautiful. And man, that little face of Max's is heart breaking.


I thought I'd stop there, but I am really curious how this movie will be received, as with anything different and daring there's always mixed reviews. I looked over some reviews and liked a few of their quotes, so I'll share here:

"There's no coddling going on in this immersive live-action film, which, like a dream, is both eerily matter-of-fact and fantastical." John P. McCarthy

"absolutely amazing, as scary and beautiful as being a kid all over again." Bill Gibron

"There’s a certain amount of pain in Where the Wild Things Are, but it’s completely earned. The movie fills you with all sorts of feelings, and I suspect children will recognize those feelings as their own." Michael Phillips

"I don't want to oversell the thing. It is, quite simply, something very special indeed." Kimberly Jones

No comments: