Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Crayola

I loved coloring as a little kid and even a not so little kid. What was better than getting a brand new box of sharp Crayola crayons? My sister and I would spend hours on our bellies coloring, especially Barbie coloring books (duh). So it was fun to see this Crayons post today. They had this chart that shows how many new colors have been created over the years.


There were also these links that show a list of all the Crayola colors that have existed. I thought it was interesting to see the colors that have been retired as well, like raw umber, maize and thistle. I used the crap out of maize for Barbie's hair and I always thought thistle was so pretty.
Chronology of Crayons

Wikipedia list of colors


Anyway, the point of this post is: crayons are cool.

No comments: