Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscars 2010

Last night we hosted the Academy Awards party at our house. I'm happy to say that Whit kept the winning ballot in the Hertford household this year. I very much enjoyed Steve Martin & Alec Baldwin's opening monologue (could have done without Doogie's musical number - sort of random). I'm glad Avatar did not win. I'm sad Inglourious didn't win screenplay. Despite seeing the nominated animated and live-action shorts, I got those picks wrong. I like that Jeff Bridges really is the Dude. James Taylor was lovely to hear. The dancing for best score was cool (some really good scores nominated). We had food items to represent the 10 best picture nominees:

Up in the Air: Nuts (airplane nuts)

Avatar: BLUE Cheese Bites


An Education: "Martini's"


Inglourious Basterds & A Serious Man: Latkes (w/Apple Sauce & Yogurt)


The Hurt Locker: Hummus & Veggies


District 9: Shrimp


Precious/The Blind Side: Chili Dogs


Up in the Air: Balloon Cupcakes/"Upcakes"

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Love all the themed food! And so sad that we were not there to participate in the party. We miss all our movie-loving friends!

the Roberts said...

we also enjoyed them with food from the movies. I had precious and made red velvet cupcakes. I have yet to see the movie, but was told that was the food for the movie???????????? How you all doing.

Heidi said...

We're doing well. Just busy busy. What were some of the other dishes at your party?

emily jeanne said...

I love how your theme food turned out! so fun! I love it?

Chelsea H. Taylor said...

this was the bomb