Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Wave of the future, wave of the future, wave of the future...




The Long Beach airport is weird. It makes me think this is what flying probably used to feel like in the early days of commercial flying: tiny airport, weird cafe, walk on the runway, go up stairs to plane. I feel I might see Howard Hughes any minute, well, if not, maybe Leonardo. A fascination with flying is sort of in my blood - my parents both flew and growing up my dad would run outside when he heard a low-flying plane. We used to go to the airport and lay on the ground underneath the flight path right before the landing strip to experience the power of planes flying directly over our heads a la the Baberaham Lincoln/Dream Weaver scene in Wayne's World. I'm eating the B-66 Destroyer burger - apparently veggie burgers like a good fight.

No comments: