Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's Over

I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. First may I say, nicely done, Ms. Rowling, that was a fantastic journey. J.K. managed to infuse a lot of people with a uniting sense of creativity, fantasy, imagination and love, yes love. It felt really weird to close the book and know that it's all over. Sure there will still be the anticipation of the next two movies coming out, but the story has ended. I am glad I finished reading book seven as I can now watch t.v., surf the web, walk down the street without living in fear of "hearing something". My boss hadn't read any of the books but read the last couple of pages of book seven when it came out and she loved to toy with me, well let's put in in correct terms, to threaten me saying that she was going to tell me what happened. She asked what I would do if she told me and I looked her straight in the eye and told her I would quit. And I don't think I was kidding. That might sound ridiculous, but I really don't know what other solution there would have been, if my boss didn't care enough about me or have enough self-control to keep quiet I can't imagine how I could continue to work for her. But, luckily, she resisted spilling anything and I am now back in control of my life. There is so much I could say right now to summarize my feelings on this book, but I don't want anyone reading this to catch any slight whiff of the outcome, so let's see I'll just say something cheesy like, it's been magical.

No comments: