Friday, March 21, 2008

EHS

I just got a message today about my high school 10 year reunion coming up. So weird. I'm getting old! I don't really see myself going to a reunion, I wasn't exactly a social butterfly in high school, I had my group of "drama" friends, but wasn't a pep rallyin', assembly goin', dance lovin' student. But, who knows - I would imagine a reunion would be rich in awkwardness, which could be the stuff of some good stories later on. But, to not sound too harsh, I hope the class of '98 is doing well - it's good to see people happy and healthy and also weird to see that most of them have if not one kid, a few kids. There's a blog for the class of '98 and for those who might be checking this blog, here's the run down of my current life.
After high school I attended The University of Utah. I graduated from the Actor Training Program - which I loved. I met my husband in that program - he was a year ahead of me. After I graduated we moved to Los Angeles (where he is originally from) and we live in Burbank. My husband is an actor/writer and I work as a receptionist right now, while trying to keep my hand in acting and writing as well. We don't have children, yet, I still feel like a kid myself, sometimes. As my family is still in Utah, I visit fairly regularly. I am coming up to Salt Lake City this Summer to do Twelfth Night with Salt Lake Shakespeare company - it opens July 31st in the Babcock theatre, if you're interested.
I've seen former High School people here and there, but the only people from the East High world that I am still close with are Liz Singley(now Perkins, she's great), Carter Williams, and if you remember Darci Hansen (now Cook) from Bryant Jr.High & Freshman year at East. So there are my updates. By the way, weird to see our building made famous or rather infamous in the High School Musical movie. I'm still sad they tore down the old East High building, with the burned out stairwells and swimming pool rumors.
East take state? Yeah,I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did enjoy reading this, and love your blog! I agree--amazing seeing what people are up to, and the plethora of children they have. :)
Heidi, I hope you do come to the reunion! High school reunions are made for stories. You just never know what one might find, or a conversation one might have. not to mention some fascinating people watching/observing.

If you're going to be here in Utah this summer, please don't not come! August 16th is the date. :)

Let Liz Singley know too, to send her info in. I'm unsure if we have received it