Friday, May 23, 2008

Astaire

I can't express enough how much I love the rain. Grey, rainy skies invigorate me. I was up way too late last night and thought I might even stay home from work today, my throat hurt, I was exhausted, but when I woke up this morning and looked outside, I knew I wanted to get up and enjoy the weather while it lasted. I guess there is just something romantic about stormy weather. It does seem like it rains much less than when I was a kid, though. I seem to remember a lot of thunder storms growing up and now it is seems extremely rare. I really should be living in Seattle.

As I enjoyed my walk to work this morning, I had this song in my head - I guess I thought of it because of the mist and drizzle in the scene. Fred Astaire didn't have the most amazing singing voice in the world, but I'd rather hear his simple renditions of gorgeous songs, like this one, more than any other singer. He immortalized so many songs, this is one of my favorites:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the memories. That is one of best Fred Astaire songs. You are so right, Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, but so many other singers try to change up the song that it ruins it for me.