Thursday, October 16, 2008

illin'

Blah. I've been sick this week. Sunday I started feeling crappy, my throat started hurting and then it hit me full on late that night. I took Monday off of work. Tuesday I went to work but left early when my bosses told me to go (in a loving way - they could tell I was not doing too well). I took yesterday off as well and today I'm back at work. I am getting better little by little, but this cold is hangin' on. I need to take cold medicines to try to combat the symptoms to get me through the day, but the medicines do impact me pretty strongly. I have a weak stomache and they always make me feel a little nauseated. My head is swimming, my eyes feel like they can't quite focus, I feel a little dizzy. I know it's just over the counter, basic cold medicine, but I must have a low tolerance for this stuff, because it makes me feel for real weird.
What did I do with my sick days? I slept, of course. I've been reading The Host by Stephanie Meyers - it's pretty intriguing so far. I watched a Gary Cooper movie I had dvr'd, I think it was called The Wedding Night - it was interesting and sad. Gary Cooper is one of the most gorgeous men of all time. Watched crappy t.v. Slept some more. Watched the debates last night - McCain looked as snarky, condescending and desperate as ever. Obama looked as poised, intelligent and prepared as ever.
Today I am feeling like a disgusting mucus monster. Blow my nose, cough cough cough, chapped lips, red, flaky nose, swirly eyes, blergh. I guess that was some sick-time beat poetry for you. I can get through a two day work week!

No comments: