Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'll Fly Away



One of my favorite shows of all time, certainly my favorite drama, is I'll Fly Away. It was on NBC for two seasons from 1991-1993 and then aired on PBS and some other smaller stations for a short time after that, but then it was gone. I have longed to see it ever since. Every few months I search online to see if anywhere has released it, but to no avail. I'm not the only fan out there, but I guess the fanbase isn't seen as large enough to warrant releasing the show on dvd. I love this show. It was beautiful, well-written, wonderfully acted, fantastic message, great relationships. I keep hoping I'll find it...someday. Last night I had another in an ongoing series of dreams about meeting Sam Waterston, so it got me thinking about the show again.

No comments: