Saturday, April 25, 2009

East High Drama

Today I was cleaning out my closet and I came across oodles of old photographs, mostly from my old drama days in High School. So many floods of memories came back. I loved the drama department and our little East Theatrical Club.

For some reason I love this picture, it encapsulates my High School experience of hanging out in Carter's (my drama teacher) office. In this picture is Carter, Lauren Brady, Sophie Hayes, Cody Curtis, and Carla Era - I have more or less been aware of everybody in this picture in the last twelve or so years since it was taken, except for Carla, who I loved and I wish I could find her! They were good friends.


This picture is just a random picture of me pestering Carter. Man, he took a lot of crap from us, but was pretty good at giving it right back to us - like the time he sewed the arms and pockets of my coat shut or the time I stapled his jacket and fanny pack to the ceiling of his office. Good times. This was taken at the end of the night of our ETC end of year party my Junior year - his last year of teaching drama. It was my favorite year of High School before a weird Senior year came along. Thank goodness for the drama department, it was the one place I could be myself and have fun - I was just too shy amongst the other circles of High School life.


Anyway, I know no one cares about any of this crap, but for my own sake, I wanted to reminisce for a moment.

3 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

Didn't you have a little crush on Mr. Carter??? He still wasn't as cute as Mr. Stott, my hot math teacher in Junior high. And remember the health teacher at Bryant (Mr. Siebert?) He was a perv!

Anonymous said...

I care what you and Whit share and I thank you for it.

Emily Coker said...

These pics are awesome!! makes me miss the ETC!