Sunday, September 6, 2009

Haus Frau

Friday night Whit and I went to the Hollywood Bowl for John Williams night. I made a John Williams themed picnic for us consisting of:
-Jurassic Park: More Like a Six Foot Turkey (Chicken) Salad - really yummy bowtie pasta, chicken, grapes, a citrussy dressing and lots of other goodness
-Harry Potter: Asparagus Wands - cold aspragus with a soy sauce type dressing
-Raiders of the Lost Ark: Bacon Wrapped Dates - in case you don't remember, they almost eat poisonous dates - the monkey dies from the poisoned date. These were great (and not poisoned).
-Star Wars: Yoda Soda: lime sherbet and fresca to make a green concoction.
-E.T.: Reese's Pieces

The first half of the concert was all Harry Potter music. The second half had some highlights of great movie themes, Catch Me If You Can music, Superman theme (with clips from the Superman and Batman movies, courtesy of WB) then the four encores were Yoda's theme, Star Wars main theme, E.T. and the Imperial March. It was lots of fun - people go nutso for Star Wars - it's great.

It was nice having a fun little date with Whitby.

Today I felt like I was on chopped. I had turkey burgers and took some nectarines I had to make a chutney to serve over the burgers. I then served them on a bed of greens. It tasted like something I would have ordered at The Counter.

Tonight I make cupcakes for a family get together tomorrow for labor day. I will post pictures of them as I suspect they're going to be adorable!

I enjoy domesticity.

No comments: