Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Catch Up

My blog has definitely been neglected as of late, so I thought I'd do a quick little catch up of my life.

Thanksgiving was great. We stayed in So Cal and had Thanksgiving with Whit's family and family friends. The food was wonderful. I made two chocolate pecan pies. I've made this pie in years past and will continue to make it because it is oh so yummy. After lunch we saw what was one of my favorite movies of the year, The Incredible Mr. Fox. We all loved it. So super funny, pretty perfect, really couldn't have enjoyed it more.

Thanksgiving weekend was also big because we moved into a new apartment. We'd been in our one bedroom apartment since we moved to California four years ago, so it was time. The apartment we found is like 2 and 1/2 bedrooms. There's the master, a guest bedroom and then a little half room off of the master which makes a perfect office. There are hardwood floors in the living room, dining room and master bedroom. We have a patio/deck which we'll be able to barbecue on, sit on, enjoy. The kitchen is way bigger than my old kitchen, spacey and light. One of the biggest upgrades is we have our own washer and dryer! I can't tell you how great this will be, no more sharing laundry facilities for us! Another huge upgrade is that we now have a garage - all our storage can go in there. Our building is just five units, super quiet, in a great neighborhood and it is about two blocks from Warner Bros. - meaning I now walk to work! It feels more like a home. There's still more unpacking/cleaning/organizing to do, but I already love it.

We had gone to Disneyland on our birthday in November, but we just got two free passes from some friends who couldn't use them, so we went to Disneyland again this week. I really feel so spoiled to have gone to Disneyland three times this Fall/Winter - it's crazy. I don't know that I'd ever been there during Christmastime and it was absolutely beautiful. They had white/bluish dangling lights on Sleeping Beauty's castle which were so magical. It's A Small World also gets all decked out for Christmas - it was covered in colored lights - we were just getting onto our boat when they lit it up and it was so exciting. The inside is also completely winterized and I loved it. The night before going to Disneyland we went to The Princess and the Frog. It was a lot of fun, really good music, just a solid classic princess Disney movie. It's just so smart of Disney to make a movie set in New Orleans to tie in to New Orleans Square at D-land. They have a little show with the characters on the Mark Twain riverboat - we heard those songs so many times that day and I loved it every time.

Other than that, just been keeping busy, trying to get Christmas shopping done, the apartment done, working, there's all of a sudden a lot of movies I want to see, church stuff always to do, TV watchin', baking I wanna do, and now I'm off to get my eyebrows done!

One week from today we fly up to Utah for Christmas. I'm really excited to spend time with my family, to see some snow, eat some good food, see friends and reminisce over Utah times past.

2 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

That's so cool that you got a new place! There's nothing like a nice upgrade. I bet the weather is so nice there now. Maybe we will go to temple square when you are here and we could come see you. Or you could come see our new place. Have you met Malia? I really can't remember.

Heidi said...

I have not met Malia - which is crazy. We will have to find a time.