Thursday, August 16, 2007

makin' it go, makin' it grow

I've had a few strange, sentimental blasts from the past lately. Last week Whit(my husband) and I found a web site where you can listen to old sitcom theme songs(http://www.sitcomsonline.com/). It was pretty fun to listen to all these old theme songs that we hadn't heard in years: Perfect Strangers, Silver Spoons (from which the title of this blog entry comes), Growing Pains - the theme songs of the '80's are fantastic - everything is so positive, each little theme is like a session with Stuart Smalley or Mr. Rogers. After listening to a few, we started feeling oddly sentimental. Something about hearing these songs after all this time, that we had heard so often as children made childhood seem so long ago. These songs were so familiar, yet so distant. I don't feel like I watched that much t.v. as a kid, but never the less there was some trigger in me that was set off when I heard these songs again. Punky Brewster sent me over the edge. Oh, Punky, what happened to the simple times of our youth when we didn't have to worry about jobs or bills or breast reduction surgeries? Those were the days.

1 comment:

monkumonku said...

Blasts from the past?? You're far too young!