Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Softening

So, I feel a little bad about my last post. Not a lot bad, but a little bad. It was possibly too harsh. I still agree with what I said, but I think back to my early youth and I did go through a couple phases of liking crap and it wasn't the downfall of my existence. For the most part, I actually still like movies and music that I liked as a kid - I think I had great taste for a little sprite. But, and this is a big but, there was a year, 6th grade, when I was trying to fit in, where I liked some serious crappola, for example, Color Me Badd. Yeah, and I would be lying if I didn't say that once in a while I'll listen to a Color Me Badd song and have a certain amount of enjoyment from it, in a reminiscent kind of way. I watched Newsies plenty of times and people could argue it is cheesy like High School Musical is cheesy, but I loved it. I would, however, be willing to put money on the fact that none of the High School Musical "actors" are going to turn out to be one of our great actors as Christian Bale of Newsies did. Whatever the case, I do think that the Disney channel blows, but hopefully, at least a good percentage of the kids that like High School Musical now, will grow out of it and one day look back on it as just a bad phase in their taste history.

No comments: