Friday, January 4, 2008

2007 favorites amended


Since I posted my favorites I have seen a few of the movies I hadn't at that point. I saw Sweeney Todd and loved it, great casting all around, great blood. I saw I'm Not There and really disliked it - way too confusing, too heady, too boring. Cate Blanchet was, of course, great, but it wasn't enough to keep my eyes open for the duration. I saw Gone Baby Gone finally, and enjoyed it, nice performances, interesting script. I saw Atonement - slow, British, good - but Keira Knightley is not very good and sitting next to my parents during a crazy sex scene was gweird. And last night I saw There Will Be Blood - love love loved it. Just go ahead and hand Daniel Day-Lewis the Oscar. He is absolutely fantastic. It was such an interesting world explored in the movie. And I wanted to scoop up the little boy that played Day-Lewis' son and keep him for my own.

2 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

How funny about sitting next to your parents during a love scene! That is the very reason why there are very few movies I will watch with my Dad. They pretty much have to be G rated. If there is even kissing, I pretend to be asleep! Sorry I didn't get to see you while you came to visit. Would have been fun but oh well. Bye!

joker said...

Hey, this is cool. I like your blog. The contents are very interesting in my opinion. I have bookmarked your blog and I will visit it again. Keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com