Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blushing

I hate blushing. I think I blush more now than I used to. The slightest hint of something that makes me feel embarassed or uncomfortable and the blood rushes to my face. I guess I lived under the delusion that no one could tell when I was feeling embarassed, but apparently it is broadcast all over my face. And the fact that I can feel myself blushing makes me blush all the more. I dread the scorching heat which seems to radiate from my cheeks. I think I can generally control my reactions to things and hide what I am feeling, it's something I pride myself on, but my blood vessels are giving me away and I don't know how to keep them under control. Damn you, vasodilation!

2 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

Heidi heidi heidi. When did you become so dang funny. You were never this funny in Junior High. Except when you were making out with your couch cushion. Oh wait...I did that too. Hmmm. And by the way, you look like Emma Thompson because she is beautiful, not because she was bald an dying in that movie :)

Ms. Read said...

Heidi - you rarely blush and when you do it makes you look luminous!