Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas in Utah

I thought I'd give you a run down of my Christmas Break. This is my first day back to work and boy was it hard to get up this morning. Whit and I went to Utah for 10 days over Christmas and had a lovely time. Before heading up to Salt Lake City I was scared of the cold and snow, but it was actually great to have a white Christmas and nice to experience Winter again (good in small doses). It was really just great to have no responsibilities, to sleep in, read, see movies, spend time with family and friends - all the things I wanted from my Christmas break. We got way too many gifts, including a ton of dvd's (super excited about A Bit of Fry and Laurie dvd's). I saw Scrooged for the first time and loved it, Bill Murray is genius. We went to Sweeney Todd, which was bloodily wonderful. We went to two Jazz games, against the Mavericks and the Celtics (Dirk is a huge German and K.G. is sleek). I got to spend time with friends from the U of U who I hadn't seen for some time (Cassie, JC, Ashley, Kelsie, Sean, Cory) - they are so much fun and I miss them terribly. I got to visit one of my friends and my first real crush from Bryant Junior High, Jared Wright, who now has the three cutest kids ever. I got to see my hero, Carter Williams; visits with him always mean I will laugh and be humbled. I went through storage at my parents' house and got to travel down memory lane as I sifted through boxes full of toys and weevils. I was in a throwing away mood and gave away most of the toys, which I feel good about, but also a strange sense of guilt. I played Rock Band at my sisters house - and felt really cool. I ate delicious raspberry thumbprint cookies and candy cane cookies. It was a fantastic vacation. It was weird coming back to L.A. and realizing it was still t-shirt weather here, although I feel my blood adjusting again to feeling cold when it drops into the 60's. Now it's 2008 and I am ready to find a new job (well, that is an ongoing goal) and get fit (good-bye sugar, hello working out at 5:30a.m.- we'll see). So, Happy New Year to all and to all a good night.

No comments: