Saturday, February 9, 2008

The King of Kong


We just watched a fantastic documentary, The King of Kong A Fistful of Quarters, about the world of competitive arcade gaming. It was amazing. Please please go rent this. I don't want to say too much, but it's an amazing story of good and evil. I was so excited, tense, angry and touched by this story, I didn't anticipate feeling so strongly in a documentary about trying to have the top score in Donkey Kong, but it will surprise you. Great characters, great story. Rent it.

1 comment:

giddy girlie said...

I saw your husband at UCB on Sunday and was browsing the internet and stumbled across your site. Sorry to be all cyber stalker on you! :) I have pictures from Sunday night on my Flickr photostream, if you're interested. www.flickr.com/photos/giddygirlie

ANYWAY, I love love love this documentary. I saw the booth at Comic Con last year and after we finally watched it, we forced it on several more people. I was so furious by the end! And excited too. Seems so funny to get sucked in like that! :) I did the same with "Confessions of a Superhero" again recently and was telling my husband 'this is king of kong all over again!!'