Thursday, February 21, 2008

You can take this job and . . .

I'm sort of sad right now. As I've mentioned before, I work for a lurpy little company in Burbank - which has been good to me, it's stable, the people are nice, I can walk to work, but I have been wanting a new job for some time now. I want to work for a company I am excited about, where I want to contribute to what the company is producing and frankly my passion doesn't get ignited by selling copy machines. I was assigned to represent our company for the BTMO(Burbank Transportation Management Organization) and today I went to a meeting about emergency preparedness (wow, this blog is really exciting, huh?). The meeting was held at Warner Bros. and the members of the commmittee were from Warner, Disney, NBC and SAG . . . and then there was me from Image IV Systems. I felt like the weird step-child. It was actually helpful, we're trying to get plans in place in case of emergencies. The point I'm trying to get to is that walking into Warner Bros. was so rad. The energy there is so cool. Walking through the offices and seeing all the people coming and going is so nice. I want a job there - or another rad studio! I wouldn't care if I was still doing office work, I just want to be part of something larger, something I can get excited about. I had been valiantly trying to get a job at a studio or with a production company for some time, but it is nearly impossible to even get an interview at any of these places unless you have a personal introduction from someone you know. I don't have film experience on my resume, but I know I am smart and capable of so much if just given the chance. I am doing a play this Summer, but when I get back I am going to be more driven than ever to get a job I am excited about. Anyone out there have any connections? I am not too proud to ask for help. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops. I was going to get this information to you six minths ago. So sorry.

I will have employment names, address, phone #'s, emails, & verbal info for you at church.

Again, I'm sorry.