Monday, April 14, 2008

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you . . .



On Friday we went to a beautiful, funny, documentary called Young@Heart. It's about a group of senior citizens, average age 81, who are members of the Young at Heart Chorus. It isn't a typical chorus (not your Grandma's chorus?), they sing unexpected songs from bands like Sonic Youth, The Clash, and Coldplay. The film documents their rehearsals for a show in their hometown and in the process you get to know the members - their humor and sorrow. I hadn't cried that hard in a while. It's really lovely and full of hope in the midst of some heartbreaking events. I highly recommend it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to hell, cause I was so bored watching it.bummer.

Heidi said...

You just hate the old people, don't ya?

grant taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'll stick with "bored" over "hate"(not that it makes me a better person).

Ms. Read said...

I loved it too!