Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Will!


Today is William Shakespeare's birthday (or at least the generally accepted date of his birth). Strangely, this morning I was thinking all about a Shakespeare class I took in high school and then I got into work and saw that it is actually his birthday. I love Shakespeare - I love reading his work, I love studying his life and work and I love acting in his plays. I'm very excited to be able to play Viola in Twelfth Night this Summer - it's a wonderful role, a marvelous play and will hopefully be a great production. It's also Administrative Professionals Day, which, sadly, I am. Shakespeare and Admin. are at odds within me. Here I sit at my desk while longing to be with a Shakespearean company. Oh, well, every experience teaches us something different and I am still young. At least my boss is buying us lunch today.

Quiz it up Here
or Here

The remarkable thing about Shakespeare is that he is really very good - in spite of all the people who say he is very good.
Robert Graves Quote (1895 - 1985)


He was not of an age, but for all time!
Ben Jonson Quote (1573 - 1637)

No comments: