Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Shut up, please shut up, Rev. Wright


Why? Why are you trying to screw everything up, Rev. Wright? Things were going so well. I would hope the American people would get over it, but we all know Americans and the media love to blow things out of proportion and obsess. I'm sure Hillary and the Republicans are thanking their lucky stars for Rev. Wright, but I hope people will judge Barrack on his own merits, his policies, his words. This morning on the Today show a Reverend Eugene F Rivers III was on discussing this mess and his quote was good and made me laugh:
"Rev. Wright was overtaken by his own need for attention. The sad spectacle was simply an extended ego trip that had no practical, political, policy or programmatic utility, that was pointless rhetoric, which was ultimately narcissistic and just based on him trippin'."
Right on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just wait for the republican hate machine to get started. It's a brutal force, and this election year it going to be very intense. Whether it's Obama or Hillary, things are going to get crazy.

P.S. It's mostly the media. Isn't it sad that political coverage is identical to high school? Most people vote based on personality over experience and agenda. Democrat's have this one though.
Clinton 08!;) {I mean I like both but will the democratic party finally pick someone? it's getting ridiculous.}

Ms. Read said...

I really cannot bear the thought of Hillary in the White House - sorry - if she runs I may have to sit it out