Tuesday, July 15, 2008

To cut or not to cut

That is the question. I am in the middle of trying to decide what to do with my hair for 12th Night. I dress up like a boy and I'm supposed to look like my brother. The guy playing my brother has very short curly hair. He's getting it chemically straightened, so we'll see how it looks then, but basically if I want to really match it I've gotta go pretty short with my hair. There's no budget for wigs and no wig person to tend to the wigs, so basically I was told that wigs are not an option. So, okay, I can cut my hair, but there's a short haircut and then there's boy/pixie short. I know it's just hair, hair grows, but cutting it that short would mean a year to two before it really grew out - that's a long commitment. In talking about this people say that I'd look good with short hair, that I could pull it off, but I do know I'll feel pretty unattractive for a while, most likely. What to do, what to do. . . Luckily I've been pretty sick of my hair lately, it usually just ends up in a pony tail or a bun, so a change will be welcome - but it looks like it might be quite a change.

3 comments:

Hyrum Virl Osmond said...

I'm constantly asking Becky to cut her hair. I actually don't think there is such thing as too short....but I'm probably alone in that thinking. Cool blog by the way.

Anonymous said...

My .02
Here's the rule- longer hair is definately more feminine and can make an average girl look above average.

As a caring brother, though, you are already WAY above average and like Dorothy Hamill, Demi Moore in G.I. Jane, & the bald Brittany Spears, you would still be cute as ever with a good buzz cut or flat-top.

BTW- Whit is cute as a button and he has short hair!

Kate said...

I love love love short hair, I thought I would try long again and it's just not going to happen. Getting it cut tonight as it would seem. If you've never had it short you might love it as much as I do and never go back long. The key is to own it, you gotta be confident and you totally are...can't wait to see it!