Thursday, July 10, 2008

Utah

Wow. This is the first time I've been on the internet this week. I'm staying at my parents' house and they don't have internet access and I finally got a password to get on the computers at the University of Utah. I wanted to write a quick blog update while I have a few minutes left of my lunch break.
It has been super busy. Super busy. We started teaching and rehearsing on Monday - so it's been getting up early for school and teaching from 8:45 to 3:30 and then going to rehearsals anywhere from 5-11 at night. There is no down time, no relaxing. I mean nothing I can't handle - it just means I am tired.
Rehearsals are going well. The cast is absolutely amazing. I am constantly amazed by how great my fellow actors are in this show. It's such a fun, positive, exciting process already and we've only had our first three rehearsals. The first table read on Monday night blew us all away. The best table read I've been to. I guess it's just my own low self-esteem, but I do fear being the weakest link - or at least a weaker link - but I need to not worry about that and just enjoy playing with these people. Most of my scenes are with Amanda Fulks (Olivia) and Creighton James (Orsino) and I am besotted with both of them. I couldn't ask for better scene partners. Sean Kazarian is playing our Andrew Aguecheeck and he makes me laugh so hard, it's a fantastic character. Whit is, of course, going to be a great, unique Malvolio. So that's 12th Night, so far.
Dang it! I gotta get to class already - so I'll write about my school experiences the next chance I get.

No comments: