Friday, December 5, 2008

I feel the earth move under my feet

I just felt what was, I believe, my first earthquake...and it was scary. People who grew up in California are probably used to the feeling, but for me it was new and freaky. You didn't know there was an earthquake? Well, that's because it was tiny. I was nowhere near the epicenter and it only lasted a couple of seconds, but it was enough. I was sitting in my apartment by myself and when it happened I didn't quite know what to do with myself, I went and stood in a doorway, but really by the time I got there it had stopped. Man, I better man up, because I will, undoubtedly, be in some doozies at some point in my life in LA. I was actually a little bummed when I slept through an earthquake last year - I was curious - but I am officially over that. Earthquakes are scary. I did not like that.

No comments: