Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

What did I get for Christmas? The stomach flu. Gross. Luckily it was only a 24 hour flu. The first half of Christmas day I was okay - my stomach was feeling strange, but I was able to ignore it, but by that evening there was no more ignoring it. As I drove from Salt Lake City back to Provo after seeing my family, I made it as far as Lehi before I had to have Whit pull off and then I had it coming out both ends in a gas station bathroom...Merry Christmas. That night was horrendous. Poor Whit was great, taking caring of me. The next day I was weak and tired, but so much better. And the day after that I was pretty much back to normal. I am super grateful it was just a quick sickness. It reminded me of being sick at about the same time six years ago when we were on our honeymoon, only that time I remained sick for two weeks, so a couple of days was okay.

Other than that, it was a great holiday. It was so nice to have no responsibilities, to just relax and enjoy the company of my family. Although cold, it was nice being in Utah for Christmas - the mountains looks so pretty covered in snow. I enjoyed playing "Apples to Apples" with my family - seeing my dad get involved and my mom laugh her little head off. I always love seeing my skinny, tall, little nephew, Dylan. I loved sitting by the fire watching classic holiday movies with Whit's famlily like the always perfect The Christmas Story, Uncle Buck and some new movies we watched, W. and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Whit and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary - nothing big, just lunch together, which suited me just fine.

Now I'm back at work - but for only a two day work week which is a nice way to ease back in to real life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"and then I had it coming out both ends in a gas station bathroom..."- It's such a relief to finally attend church with normal people.

Anonymous said...

...and you're all the Elder's Quorum presidency. Thanks for being real.