Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks and Weddings

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. We went to Utah last week for the festivities. I love Thanksgiving. I love waking up in the morning and watching the Macy's parade in my pajamas. I love smelling the turkey in the oven. I love seeing my family. I love eating all the comfort foods I want: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, pie. We ate our T day meal at my Mom's house - it all tasted fantastic. I made a chocolate pecan pie which is so decadent and good. I probably shouldn't be writing this a few minutes before lunch, my mouth is watering.

(not actually my pie, but a picture from the recipe I used for my pie)


Brighton (Whit's youngest sister) got married on Tuesday. It was a beautiful, dream wedding for her. She looked wonderful and we had a great day. We had a very yummy rehearsal dinner Monday night at a Thai restaurant - I love me some Thai spices! I now have a new brother-in-law, Jordan Phelps. He's great. I'll post some pictures when I get them.

I saw Twilight a second time while in Utah, as part of a girls night out with some family. I was able to sit back and enjoy it with less judgement the second time through. We also went to Bolt with the fam. - I like seeing my little, adorable nephew, Dylan, smiling as he watched it. It was a cute movie.

One morning I went for a walk and found my way into the mountains in Provo. It was a wonderfully foggy morning and looked amazing. It was nice getting a little taste of nature again.

Other than that, we relaxed, ate, hung-out and just generally had a nice, relaxing time. I can't believe we go back in about three weeks for Christmas!

No comments: