Thursday, June 26, 2008

One Day More

Tomorrow is my last day at Image IV Systems, Inc. I've worked as a receptionist here for about 2&1/2 years. When we first moved to Burbank I signed up with a temp agency and this was the first job they sent me out on - it was supposed to be a two week stint, but they asked me if I wanted to stay on and well, here I am. I never would have thought I'd work at a weird little office in industrial Burbank that sells copy machines, but now that I'm leaving I realize that I've had a good time here. I've made some great friends, had a lot of laughs, read a ton of books, played too much solitaire and day-dreamed while watching the trucks drive by outside my coveted window.

For so long I longed for a different job, a job that I could put my heart into, but now that the end of this job is really here it's strange. I got comfortable here, I know what I'm doing here, I'm confident here - but I know this is the time to break free and start anew, get out of the comfort zone I've fallen into. I'm scared to not have a job to go to, but now is the time, I suppose, I'm young, I don't have kids, we'll figure it out.

On Wednesday we're heading up to Salt Lake City, Utah to perform in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. I'm also scared for this, I'm playing Viola and I feel so unworthy of such a wonderful role, but I also can't wait to act again along side a truly wonderful cast of actors. I'll get to hang out with friends again that I miss terribly. I'll get to feel the overwhelming nerves of standing off stage waiting to step in to the light and inhabit a new world.

I'll miss my friends at Image IV, I might even miss my long days of killing time. But it is time, time to move on. Thanks Image IV. I'll miss you Sue, Rickie, Maria, Olivia, Noor, Dr. Jones and everyone else! I'll visit. Here I come Salt Lake City. I'll see you in August Warner Bros.? Culinary School? We'll see . . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Heidi,
I just want to wish you the best in whatever you decide to do after Image IV. We'll miss you, and now that Maria is leaving for a while, I am worried I won't have anyone to talk to :(
Take care and keep in touch. Oh, and whenever you bake anything, don't forget we are close by.
Have fun.
-Armando

Ben and Darci said...

Hey Heidi-loo,
Can't wait to come see you in your play! Have a safe trip out. I'll see you sometime soon!

anseliz said...

I immediately heard Valjean and Company belting it out when I read the title to this entry. So, raise the flag of freedom high!