Thursday, January 15, 2009

TV Lunch

I mean, not to be a weirdo, but I do enjoy working at a place where at lunch I get to meet a couple of awesome actors from one of my favorite shows while strolling the WB streets.

I love The New Adventures of Old Christine. Sitcoms are hard these days, but this one I think is fantastic - it's still a traditional, live audience, sitcom, but they pull it off because the cast is stellar. They are so funny. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is amazing. They tape on the WB lot - so as I was out and about walking around at lunch I passed by their stage and they were coming out. I got to meet Hamish Linklater, who is an awesome actor, so interesting and funny. He is super tall and could not have been nicer.




Then Clark Gregg came out and I met him, he was fluish, but despite this so cool. He makes me laugh so so hard on the show. It was fun. They do great work and I hope the show can pick up and do well. Television is hard.



After this I was walking away and saw Eric Close. He is on Without A Trace now, which I don't actually watch, sorry, but he was on one of my favorite shows of all time a few years ago, Now and Again. I won't go into it now, but it was an amazing creative awesome show - which is why it only lasted a season - people couldn't handle anything that creative (see Pushing Daisies). He looked busy, though, so I will see if the opportunity comes up at another time to talk to him.

There are a ton of "celebrities" in this town and who cares, really. But I do like meeting actors who I respect and who are doing great work in the midst of a lot of actors who aren't.

1 comment:

Ben and Darci said...

You are the only person I know who strolls the streets of the WB. You are my little link to famous people :)