Friday, August 22, 2008

San Diego

Well, I was hoping to get some pictures from the trip before I blogged about it, but that might take a while so just a quick word on our little trip to San Diego. On Thursday Whit's family came into town and we went to a Dodger game - always fun, always enjoy a Dodger dog.
On Friday we headed to San Diego and spent the day at the zoo. I hadn't been to San Diego since I was a little kid, so it was great to go to that expansive zoo. I always love seeing the big cats; there were two gorgeous cougars (my favorite animal) and the hugest panther I'd ever seen. Also cool to see Panda's which I don't think I've ever seen in person before - they said there were only 12 pandas in the United States.
Saturday was beach day. It was really nice - the water felt great and I had more fun playing in it than usual - since I am still fairly terrified of drowning. Unfortunately, I got burned like crazy. I just didn't reapply the sunscreen often enough and it was a sunscreen I had never tried before and turned out to be crap. Right now my back is pretty grotesque as the peeling has started!
Sunday night we had a bonfire and made 'smores - regular smores and smores made with peanut butter cups. Yum. It was beautiful.
Monday we did Sea World. The shows were fun, the churro great and the pressed pennies...flat.
Now we're back in the Burb and I have started my job search. I hate it. I just want a job that pays well, makes me happy, fulfilled, excited and motivated - is that too much to ask?
Here's one picture from the trip that I stole off of my Mother-in-laws' blog. It's from our awesome breakfast at The Mission:

1 comment:

Jim said...

mmmm French Toast at the Mission..

The Breakfast of greatness! A must in San Diego....